Saturday, August 25, 2012

Childrens Stories Paintings

Here are two paintings Ive recently done. I've been on a children stories kick lately and I love it. Stories were just so much better in the early 1900s. The Velveteen Rabbit was one of my favorite stories. I even had my own velveteen rabbit. The quote is just heartbreaking. "Once you are Real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always." I love it. Its also harder to paint simplistically than full of detail. Well, at least for me.  The second painting is from Beatrix Potter. I've read lots of her other stories but never "The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher".  I can read one sentence and immediately be connected to those words. "Once upon a time there was a frog called Mr.Jeremy Fisher; he lived in a little damp house amongst the buttercups at the edge of a pond."  That is how CONSIDER MY DEAR blog came to be! Thank you "Through the Looking Glass"!

I start school in a little over a week. I hope Ill have a few more paintings for you. Then you will get to see my school work.

xoxo
Becki



No comments:

Post a Comment