Thursday, October 13, 2011

PUMPkin Patch!

This past Sunday Mike and I went to a pumpkin patch. My best art school friend, Bri, and her boyfriend Mitch came with us. Due to a lot of stressful things going on at home we NEEDED a lovely day!  We ordinarily planned on going to the "popular" pumpkin patch. We got there and it looked like a state fair. It was about 2pm and the parking lot (corn field) was packed. A man directing traffic. A trashy lady taking photos with a scarecrow feeling her up. Yep you heard me right. TRASH CITY!

Now I should have listened to the ladies at work because they told me about another pumpkin patch. It was 15 minutes away. So we hit the road and forgot about the "popular" pumpkin patch. We got there at about 2:30pm and they closed at 4 so I was scared we wouldnt have enough time. We went for it anyway. Its called The Childrens Farm. The parking lot was comfortably packed and there wasn't people as far as the eye could see.

*Becki's New Rule* Never go to the "popular place"

It was super cheap and we got to touch duckies, bunnies, sheepies, piggies, goaties, horseies, there was a haunted maze, a anti-hay ride, and the patch. It was perfect.




Goats just love me for some reason. And I love them



 Why does this ghost say BOOG!?









In the end this was our final choice in pumpkin. Even the girls at the weighting area said it was one fine specimen of a pumpkin. We got this and two little pumpkins and then we put them on our porch. 

After the pumpkin patch all four of us went to a mexican restaurant and had strawberry mariritas and chili con queso. So yummy! The perfect ending to a lovely day. 
 SADLY this morning when I left the house the two pumpkins were missing. I think a animal had a lovely lunch with them. I was sad but at least it wasnt from dumby teenagers.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome pumpkin!! I need to go pumpkin picking soon, my friends are having a pumpkin carving contest at their Halloween party this year that I wanna win! Also, I'm completely jealous that you got to hold baby ducks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I want to hold a ducky :)

    ReplyDelete